Name is Kelsang Dolma. I was born in Nepal but my heritage is Tibetan. My family and I now live in New York. This recipe was from my mother. We make this soup when it's cold outside. We make it a lot and drink it with all the family together.
- 1 bunch of spinach, bok choy, or any other greens
- 1 radish
- 1 onion
- Garlic and ginger, to taste
- Mutton (optional)
- Garam masala, cumin, and turmeric, to taste
- Dumpling dough, cut into small pieces (either flat and very thin pieces or 1 by 2 inch cubes)
- Boil the meat, if using, in the water with onion, garlic, ginger, and salt, until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Put the small pieces of dough in the soup for 5 minutes.
- Cut radish into thin pieces, two inches long
- Put the radish into the soup and cook for two minutes
- Add spinach and bok choy, and cook for five minutes.